Welcome to the 34th International Conference on Alpine Meteorology, Reykjavík, Iceland, 18-23 June 2017
NEW: A preliminary programme is now published in Programme.
NEW: His highness the President of Iceland will invite the conference attendees to his residency.
Abstract submission is closed.
For registration for the conference go to Registration for more information.
We are pleased to announce the 34th ICAM, to be held at the University of Iceland, Reykjavík, 18-23 June 2017. Included in the conference is a reception at the residence of the president of Iceland as well as an afternoon-evening excursion to W-Iceland looking at mountains, hot springs, waterfalls.
On the Saturday after the conference, 24 June, we are planning a one day excursion
– if you are interested in sightseeing with us that day, make sure to include 24 June in your travelling plans.
Contributions on all aspects of mountain meteorology and climatology are welcome, including:
- Results from major field campaigns
- Weather forecasting for mountainous regions
- Downslope windstorms, mountain waves and rotors
- Cryosphere and mountain hydrology
- Orographic precipitation
- Boundary layers and turbulence in complex terrain
- History of mountain meteorology
- 31 March 2017 – Abstract submission
- 31 March 2017 – Notification of acceptance
- 18 April 2017 – Early registration deadline
- 18 June 2017 – Start of the 34th ICAM in Reykjavík
- Haraldur Ólafsson, University of Iceland
- Guðrún Nína Petersen, Icelandic Met. Office
- Hálfdán Ágústsson, Icelandic Met. Society
- Haraldur Ólafsson
- Guðrún Nína Petersen
- Hálfdán Ágústsson
- Alexander Gohm
- Branko Grisogono
- Dale Durran
- Dino Zardi
- Evelyne Richard
- Joan Cuxart
- Stephen Mobbs